The Scope of Chemistry (Libretext) and the Scientific Method
1. Chemistry is the study of the composition and properties of matter and its transformations.
3. a. Air
- Pure ethanol boils at 78.5oC. observation
- In a chemical reaction the total mass of reactants is equal to the total mass of products in a closed container. law
- Measured amounts of 10% silver nitrate solution were added to sodium chloride solution to determine the mass of silver chloride produced under carefully controlled conditions. an experiment
- The volume of a given amount of gas increases as the temperature increases at constant temperature and pressure. law
7. Answers may vary, an example is given below
Physical chemists work as material scientists or analytical chemists.
Allot plenty of time for studying
Be an active participant
- During lecture class
- Work out problems
Work out assigned problems and as many other problems as you can
Get help from your instructor, other students (tutoring or study groups)
Don’t fall behind.