This text is written for students in science, engineering, and mathematics who have completed calculus through partial differentiation.
- In this chapter, we study first-order differential equations for which there are general methods of solution.
- In this chapter we study numerical methods for solving a first-order differential equation
- In this chapter, we consider applications of first order differential equations.
- In this Chapter, we study a particularly important class of second order equations. Because of their many applications in science and engineering, second order differential equation have historically been the most thoroughly studied class of differential equations. Research on the theory of second order differential equations continues to the present day.
- In this Chapter, we study applications of linear second order equations.
- In this Chapter, we study a class of second order differential equations that occur in many applications, but cannot be solved in closed form in terms of elementary functions.