In this chapter, you will learn to:
- Graph linear inequalities in two variables
- Graph systems of linear inequalities
- Use linear inequalities in maximization and minimization applications
- 4.3: Linear Programming - Maximization Applications
- Application problems in business, economics, and social and life sciences often ask us to make decisions on the basis of certain conditions. The conditions or constraints often take the form of inequalities. In this section, we will begin to formulate, analyze, and solve such problems, at a simple level, to understand the many components of such a problem.
- 4.4: Linear Programming - Minimization Applications
- Minimization linear programming problems are solved in much the same way as the maximization problems.