This tutorial will help familiarize you with tracking and submitting assignments in Canvas. Assignments are any online activity submission that is graded by the instructor. Assignments include Quizzes, graded Discussions, and online submissions (i.e. files, images, text, URLs, etc.) There are multiple ways to find your Assignments.
There are many ways to keep track of your assignments that are due. You can:
- View the Recent Activity feed on your Dashboard.
- View the To-Do List on the right sidebar.
- View the Coming-Up feed on the right sidebar.
- View your Calendar.
- Hover over the Assignments link in the Global Navigation, and view the To Turn-In list.
- Locate and click on the Assignments navigation link, and view the Upcoming Assignments list.
- Locate and click on the Grades navigation link, select the appropriate course, and view your Assignments list with corresponding grades.
Here are the steps to follow to submit your assignments:
- Select the assignment that needs a submission.
- Click the Submit Assignment button.
- Select submission type tab (File Upload, Google Doc, Text Entry, etc.)
- Upload assignment.
- Click the Submit button.
- Wait until you see the Submission ✓Turned In! message.