Algebra and Trigonometry provides a comprehensive exploration of algebraic principles and meets scope and sequence requirements for a typical introductory algebra and trigonometry course. The modular approach and the richness of content ensure that the book meets the needs of a variety of courses. Algebra and Trigonometry offers a wealth of examples with detailed, conceptual explanations, building a strong foundation in the material before asking students to apply what they’ve learned.
- 1: Prerequisites
- 2: Equations and Inequalities
- 3: Functions
- 4: Linear Functions
- 5: Polynomial and Rational Functions
- 6: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- 7: The Unit Circle - Sine and Cosine Functions
- 8: Periodic Functions
- 9: Trigonometric Identities and Equations
- 10: Further Applications of Trigonometry
- 11: Systems of Equations and Inequalities
- 12: Analytic Geometry
- 13: Sequences, Probability, and Counting Theory
- Lynn Marecek (Santa Ana College) and MaryAnne Anthony-Smith (formerly of Santa Ana College). This content produced by OpenStax and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 license.