Intermediate Algebra is designed to meet the scope and sequence requirements of a one-semester Intermediate algebra course. The book’s organization makes it easy to adapt to a variety of course syllabi. The text expands on the fundamental concepts of algebra while addressing the needs of students with diverse backgrounds and learning styles. Each topic builds upon previously developed material to demonstrate the cohesiveness and structure of mathematics.
- Front Matter
- 1: Foundations
- 2: Solving Linear Equations
- 3: Graphs and Functions
- 4: Systems of Linear Equations
- 5: Polynomial and Polynomial Functions
- 6: Factoring
- 7: Rational Expressions and Functions
- 8: Roots and Radicals
- 9: Quadratic Equations and Functions
- 10: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- 11: Conics
- 12: Sequences, Series and Binomial Theorem
- Back Matter
Thumbnail: Algebraic expression notation: 1 – power (exponent) 2 – coefficient 3 – term 4 – operator 5 – constant term x y c – variables/constants. (CC BY-SA 3.0 unported; Iantresman via Wikipedia).