This work combines elements of Elementary Differential Equations with Boundary Value Problems by William F. Trench (licensed CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0) and Linear Algebra by Waldron, Cherney, and Denton (licensed CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0). All changes have been made by Steven Zook, Mathematics Instructor, Reedley College.
This text is intended for engineering, science, and math majors who have completed a three semester calculus sequence.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Front Matter
- 1: What are Differential Equations?
- 2: First Order Equations
- 3: Applications of First Order Equations
- 4: Linear Second Order Equations
- 5: Applications of Linear Second Order Equations
- 6: Series Solutions of Linear Second Order Equations
- 7: Laplace Transforms
- 8: What is Linear Algebra?
- 9: Systems of Linear Equations
- 10: Vectors in Space, n-Vectors
- 11: Linear Transformations
- 12: Matrices
- 13: Determinants
- 14: Subspaces and Spanning Sets
- 15: Linear Independence
- 16: Basis and Dimension
- 17: Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- 18: Orthonormal Bases and Complements
- 19: Linear Higher Order Differential Equations
- 20: Linear Systems of Differential Equations
- 21: Appendices
- Back Matter