Abstract algebra is the study of algebraic structures and include groups, rings, fields, modules, vector spaces, lattices, and algebras. The term abstract algebra was coined in the early 20th century to distinguish this area of study from the other parts of algebra.
- Introduction to Algebraic Structures (Denton)
- Abstract Algebra: Theory and Applications (Judson)
- First-Semester Abstract Algebra: A Structural Approach (Sklar)
- Rings with Inquiry (Janssen and Lindsey)
- Applied Geometric Algebra (Tisza)
- Introduction to Groups and Geometries (Lyons)
- Open Algebra and Knots (Salomone)