Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 6.1: Prelude to Factoring
- 6.2: Greatest Common Factor and Factor by Grouping
- 6.3: Factor Trinomials
- You have already learned how to multiply binomials using FOIL. Now you’ll need to “undo” this multiplication. To factor the trinomial means to start with the product, and end with the factors.
- 6.4: Factor Special Products
- We have seen that some binomials and trinomials result from special products—squaring binomials and multiplying conjugates. If you learn to recognize these kinds of polynomials, you can use the special products patterns to factor them much more quickly.
- 6.5: General Strategy for Factoring Polynomials
- 6.6: Polynomial Equations
- Chapter 6 Review Exercises