- Last updated
Save as PDF
In this chapter, you will review the language of algebra and take your first steps toward working with algebraic concepts.
- 1.1: Use the Language of Algebra
- This chapter is intended to be a brief review of concepts that will be needed in an Intermediate Algebra course.
- 1.2: Integers
- So far, we have only used the counting numbers and the whole numbers. Our work with opposites gives us a way to define the integers. The whole numbers and their opposites are called the integers. The integers are the numbers …−3,−2,−1,0,1,2,3…
- 1.3: Fractions
- A fraction is a way to represent parts of a whole.
- 1.4: Decimals
- Decimals are another way of writing fractions whose denominators are powers of ten.
- 1.5: Properties of Real Numbers
- 1.6: Chapter 1 Review Exercises