Applied mathematics is the application of mathematical methods by different fields such as science, engineering, business, computer science, and industry. Thus, applied mathematics is a combination of mathematical science and specialized knowledge. Applied mathematics also describes the professional specialty in which mathematicians work on practical problems by formulating and studying mathematical models.
- Book: Math in Society (Lippman)
- Book: College Mathematics for Everyday Life (Inigo et al.)
- Book: Business Math (Olivier)
- Book: Applied Finite Mathematics (Sekhon and Bloom)
- Book: Introduction to Social Network Methods (Hanneman)
- Book: Introduction to the Modeling and Analysis of Complex Systems (Sayama)
- Book: Mathematics for Elementary Teachers (Manes)
- Book: Algebra in Cuneiform (Høyrup)
Thumbail: An example of complex scale-free network. (CC BY-SA 3.0; Martin Grandjean).