Applied mathematics is the application of mathematical methods by different fields such as science, engineering, business, computer science, and industry. Thus, applied mathematics is a combination of mathematical science and specialized knowledge. Applied mathematics also describes the professional specialty in which mathematicians work on practical problems by formulating and studying mathematical models.
- Math in Society (Lippman)
- College Mathematics for Everyday Life (Inigo et al.)
- Business Math (Olivier)
- Applied Finite Mathematics (Sekhon and Bloom)
- Mathematics for Elementary Teachers (Manes)
- Algebra in Cuneiform (Høyrup)
- Seven Sketches in Compositionality: An Invitation to Applied Category Theory (Fong and Spivak)
- Technical Mathematics (Chase)
- Street-Fighting Mathematics: The Art of Educated Guessing and Opportunistic Problem Solving (Mahajan)
Thumbail: An example of complex scale-free network. (CC BY-SA 3.0; Martin Grandjean).